This chocolate and vanilla Bengal Striped Bundt Cake will keep your sweet tooth satisfied on game day whether you’re watching in “The Jungle” or the comfort of your own home.
This post is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by the National Football League (NFL) or any of its teams. All opinions and views expressed on our blogs are our own, not that of the NFL and/or any of its 32 teams. Any team names, logos or other symbols referenced are properties of their respective organizations. We are just big fans — and we want to share our love for our teams, the game and the food that brings us all together on game day.
Even if you aren’t a football fan or specifically a Cincinnati Bengals fan (like me) this cake is still super fun! First of all the orange and black works well for Halloween so it does double duty for us in the month of October. And my daughter loved the cake so much that she’s already planning ahead to her birthday in March and is requesting this cake remade in white and black zebra stripes. You could tint that orange vanilla cake any color you want. The possibilities are endless.
The cake is so simple even though it’s made from scratch. Once the batter is made the stripes are made by alternating the batter in the pan with muffin scoops like THESE. One scoop of black followed by one scoop of orange. Keep alternating until the batter is all in the pan. That’s it!
To celebrate my enthusiasm for football season I’ve joined a group of bloggers from all over the country to bring you football-inspired recipes this season. Last month we shared our favorite tailgating recipes, and now we are sharing more than 60 recipes ideas for celebrating on game day. Click on their links below my cake recipe to join in!
PIN THIS RECIPE
- 3/4 c. + 2 T. all-purpose flour
- 1 c. sugar
- 1/4 c. + 2 T. dutch-process cocoa powder
- 1 t. baking soda
- 1/2 t. baking powder
- 1/4 t. salt
- 1/2 c. full-fat buttermilk
- 1/2 c. Guinness
- 1/4 c. vegetable oil
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 t. vanilla
- 1/8 t. black gel food coloring
- 1/2 c. granulated sugar
- 1/2 stick unsalted butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 1/4 c. + 2 T. whole milk
- 1 t. vanilla extract
- 1 c. all-purpose flour
- 1 t. baking powder
- 1/4 t. salt
- 1/8 t. orange gel food coloring
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray a standard bundt pan with cooking spray and set aside.
- Whisk together the flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- With a hand or stand mixer, beat together the buttermilk, Guinness, oil, eggs, vanilla and black food coloring on low setting.
- Add the flour mixture and beat until combined, then beat the cake batter for 4 minutes on medium speed.
- Beat granulated sugar and butter in stand mixer at medium high speed until well blended. Change speed to low and add egg, milk and vanilla. Change back to medium speed and mix well. Whisk together the flour, baking powder and salt and add to the butter mixture. Beat batter for about 1 minute until smooth. Add the orange gel food color and mix again until well blended.
- Using two muffin scoops, alternate scooping the chocolate/black cake batter and the vanilla/orange cake batter into the prepared bundt pan until all batter is gone.
- Tap the pan on the counter to make sure there are no bubbles.
- Bake the cake for 35 - 40 minutes, or until the cake bounces back when lightly touched.
- Allow the cake to cool in the pan for about 20 minutes. Invert the pan onto a cooling rack and allow the cake to continue cooling before serving.
Don’t forget about my Cincinnati Nachos! Click on the picture to get the recipe…
Red Sea Party Punch by Celebrating Family
Bird Gang Sonoran Nachos by Love Bakes Good Cakes
GameDay Cheesecake Bars by Body Rebooted
Healthy Dirty Bird Dip by Dash of Herbs
Purple Potato Salad by The Culinary Compass
Chocolate Blackberry Cheesecake Parfait by Mom’s Messy Miracles
Easy Buffalo Chicken Sliders by Beer Girl Cooks
Quick and Easy Baked Buffalo Chicken Sliders by The Life Jolie
Blackened Steak + Blue Cheese Nachos by Feast + West
Easy Pimiento Cheese Crackers by Family Food on the Table
Chicago-Style Deep Dish Breadsticks by Honey & Birch
Italian Beef by Bread Booze Bacon
Welcome to the Jungle Cocktail by Love & Flour
Bengal Striped Bundt Cake by Foodtastic Mom
Polish Boy Potato Skins by A Mind Full Mom
Sweet and Salty Brownies by The Secret Ingredient Is
Cowboy Cookies by The BakerMama
Cowboy Chili by See Aimee Cook
Green Chili Pulled Pork Poutine by Cake ‘n Knife
Blue and Orange Jello Shot Gummies by Sustaining the Powers
Greek Town Loaded Potato Skins by The Mexitalian
Marbled Scotcharoos by Club Narwhal
Beer Cheese Fondue by Off the Eaten Path
Easy Beer Cheese Soup by Hello Little Home
Chicken Stack Sandwich by Around My Family Table
Bratwurst Sandwiches with Pub Mustard by What A Girl Eats
Game Day Cupcakes by Polka Dotted Blue Jay
Brownie Batter Dip by The Crumby Cupcake
Chocolate Coconut Cupcakes by Two Places at Once
Tomahawk Cooler by Mixplorology
Spicy Jalapeno Popper Cheese Dip with Real Cheese by Simplify, Live, Love
Game Day Snack Tray by Coffee Love Travel
Bacon Mac Cups by West via Midwest
South Beach Punch by 2 Cookin Mamas
Miami Mahi Mahi Sandwich by foodbyjonister
Swedish Meatball Dip with Tater Tot Dunkers by Peanut Blossom
Fruity Dessert Pizza with Peanut Butter Chocolate Glaze by Bucket List Tummy
New England Rum Punch by Order in the Kitchen
Crawfish Etouffee by The Speckled Palate
Cajun Crawfish Fritters with Remoulade Dipping Sauce by For the Love of Food
Reuben Sliders with Homemade Russian Dressing by A Dish of Daily Life
Big Blue Cheese Steak Stromboli by Simple and Savory
Spinach & Artichoke Bites by Lauren’s Kitchen
Herb Pesto Arancini by A Little Gathering
Beluga Lentil Hummus by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
Philly Cheesesteak Nachos by And She Cooks
Philly Cheesesteak Cheesecake by Nik Snacks
Game Day Cookie Cups by Me and My Pink Mixer
Primanti Style Sliders by Macheesmo
Pineapple Salsa by Living Well Kitchen
Tex Mex Cream Cheese Wontons with Bacon by Shaws Simple Swaps
Blue Cheese Blitz Dip by Cafe Terra
Chicken Adobo Fries by Brunch-n-Bites
Game Day Candy Bark by Life’s Ambrosia
Chicken Teriyaki Pizza by Loves Food, Loves to Eat
High Seas Sour Cherry Slush by Lizzy is Dizzy
Buffalo Chicken Deviled Eggs by Casa de Crews
Avery Williamson American Cake by Loaves & Dishes
Game Day Sriracha-Honey Nut Mix by An Oregon Cottage
Double-Stuffed Potato Skins by A Simpler Grace
Red Skin Potato Chili Nachos by A Joyfully Mad Kitchen