This Bacon Bourbon Cherry Pizza is a grown-up appetizer your guests will love. Refrigerated pizza crust is dressed up with a glaze of tarragon honey butter and topped with bacon, bourbon-infused cherries, goat cheese and green onions. They are little slices of heaven.
I was thinking about soaking some dried cherries in bourbon and wondering what else to add as toppings for a pizza. It seemed like a great idea for an appetizer since we had several social gatherings to go to. I was actually sitting in church thinking about this and grabbed my notebook out of my purse to jot down the idea. Is it OK to think about food in church? I hope so because it happens a lot to me.
After slicing the pizza I drizzled a little more honey on top for extra flavor and gloss. I took these across the street to our neighbor’s house – she was hosting a med school graduation party for their daughter – and everyone loved it. This recipe is definitely a keeper!
- 1 can refrigerated pizza dough (I used Kroger brand)
- 2 T. unsalted butter
- 1 T. honey, plus more for drizzling
- 1/2 t. dried tarragon
- 1/4 t. salt
- 1/4 t. fresh cracked pepper
- 6 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1/3 c. dried cherries
- 1/4 c. bourbon
- 4 oz. goat cheese, crumbled
- 1/4 c. green onions, sliced
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Pour the bourbon over the dried cherries and allow to soak for 20 minutes.
- Spray a half sheet pan (18 x 13) with cooking spray and press the refrigerated pizza crust evenly into the bottom of the pan.
- Melt the butter and one tablespoon of honey in the microwave and stir in the tarragon, salt and pepper.
- Brush the honey butter evenly over the crust.
- Drain the cherries.
- Top the crust evenly with the bacon, bourbon-infused cherries, goat cheese and green onions.
- Bake the pizza for 12 - 14 minutes.
- Remove the pizza from the oven and allow to cool for about 10 minutes before slicing.
- Drizzle with a little more honey and serve.