My tropical overnight oatmeal will transport you to your favorite summer beach location and keep your hunger at bay until lunch time. But don’t let this particular combination of flavors limit you. Recipes for these popular overnight oats are based on a very basic formula: 1 part rolled oats, 1 part yogurt, 1 part milk. The fruit, nuts and flavoring options are totally up to your personal tastes.
Want to save this recipe?
Enter your email & I'll send it to your inbox. Plus, get great new recipes from me every week!
I haven’t done a lot of “new” cooking yet this summer. I’m relying on the most basic of food prep (fresh fruits and veggies from the Farmer’s Market, hard boiled eggs, tacos, a pizza night here and there, sandwiches and wraps) to get us through the week. Recipes for the blog are a little slow lately and I really was in the mood to create a beautiful bowl of food. So that’s why my version of overnight oats is tropical. Plus I really am wishing for time to hurry up and get us to the last week of July when we get to travel to my favorite beach. It’s my paradise and I wanted a small taste of it here in my Ohio kitchen.
So take inspiration from this bowl. Or make one that is completely your own. Either way you should jump on the overnight oats bandwagon because they are so fast to prep the night before and then your breakfast is healthy and satisfying the next morning, even before you’ve had your coffee. And if you’re like me, you don’t do much hard thinking early in the morning and things need to be easy, breezy. That is what this bowl of tropical overnight oatmeal is for sure!
Tropical Overnight Oatmeal
- 1/2 c. rolled old-fashioned oats
- 6 oz. container of coconut yogurt I used Liberte brand
- 1/4 c. unsweetened coconut milk
- pinch of nutmeg
- 1 1/2 c. of fresh tropical fruit banana, mango, dragon fruit, kiwi, strawberries
- 2 T. macadamia nuts
- In a glass jar, mix together the oats, yogurt, milk and nutmeg. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- In the morning stir the oats and transfer to your favorite bowl. Top with tropical fruit and macadamia nuts. Close your eyes and pretend you are enjoying your breakfast on the beach.