Our Elf on the Shelf, Freddy, has been visiting for three years now, I think? It’s kind of all a blur. I pretty much enjoy his visits although I must admit that with a husband out of town this past weekend and me traveling with both kids for a swim meet both Saturday and Sunday Freddy’s antics were practically forgotten about. Not by the kids, of course, but by me.
So I was scrolling through the Instagram pics I’ve snapped of our elusive elf for inspiration and decided to pass along some of my ideas to you. There is nothing elaborate about our elf’s shenanigans but that’s the point. The elf is supposed to be fun, not a chore. So if you find some inspiration here I’d appreciate a “Pin” and a share to all your elf loving friends.
Want to save this recipe?
Enter your email & I'll send it to your inbox. Plus, get great new recipes from me every week!
First up is a simple breakfast. Sliced strawberries and bananas for a candy cane shape and a coconut snowball (purchased, not homemade) with a peppermint stick. Very North Pole appropriate, don’t you think?
The rest of these pics are from my Instagram account so some of the images are a bit fuzzy. But I’ll describe them to you, starting in the top lefthand corner and working our way down, left to right…
3. Pumping iron in the doll house.
4. One year Freddy arrived with chocolate Santa dollars for each of the kids (found in the Target stocking stuffer section).
5. If we had a naughty Elf he might be sipping on gin and juice, but in this case he’s sipping on Egg Nog and Cream.
6. In a mini marshmallow snowball fight with one of our Christmas decorations.
7. Freddy thought dumping my wine corks would be funny. Guess who got the last laugh?
8. Drawing a peppermint bath. He gifted the kids with holiday-themed rubber duckies.
9. Because silly string is fun.
10. Looking in his own stocking.
11. Hanging with my son’s stuffed minion and snacking on bananas.
12. Still one of the kids’ all time favorites – rolling down the stairs in a toilet paper roll.
13. The next day he showed up with a bandaid on his head and a post-it saying, “I’m OK”.
14. For his arrival one year, Freddy showed up in a hot air balloon. Simply a balloon (no helium) tied to a cupcake holder and draped in a tree.
15. Freddy got a little crazy with the powdered sugar.
16. The undies were hung by the chimney with care…
17. Riding the tinsel zip line.