This recipe for French Bread Pizza Salad uses help from the frozen aisle to get a simple and healthy meal on your family’s table fast. Post sponsored by Tap Influence. All opinions are mine alone.
Have you made or maybe ordered out a panzanella salad before? It’s a salad that incorporates crusty bread as part of the “bulk” of the meal. Not croutons. Those are more a condiment. In this case the bread is part of the salad. One of the star ingredients.
I keep frozen pizzas on-hand for quick meals. My kids like the Red Baron french bread pizzas especially. So I decided to use them to create a dinner-time salad. This pizza salad can be customized to your own tastes of course.
My kids happen to like olives so I made sure to include them in this salad. And instead of pepperoni or sausage I used rotisserie chicken for my protein addition to keep things on the lighter side for the warmer weather. I personally love chicken on my pizzas!
So these Red Baron Five Cheese Garlic French Bread Pizzas provide excellent bread cubes for the purpose of tossing with the lettuce, tomatoes, green olives and chicken. The dressing is a simple mix of fresh lemon juice, red wine vinegar, olive oil, oregano, garlic salt and sugar. This French Bread Pizza Salad is a delicious and filling meal that my whole family loved!
Check out your Kroger family stores for many more ideas on how to utilize the freezer section to your advantage. You’ll find all kinds of simple and healthy ideas for family meal time.
French Bread Pizza Salad
- 1 head romain lettuce
- 1 pint red cherry tomatoes
- 1 pint yellow cherry tomatoes
- 2 cups shredded chicken
- 1 cup green olives
- 1 pkg Red Baron Five Cheese Garlic French Bread Pizza
- 1/2 lemon
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp oregan
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Bake the Red Baron French Bread pizzas according to package directions. Cut into bite-sized cubes.
- Wash and tear the romaine lettuce into bite-sized pieces.
- Toss the romaine with the red and yellow cherry tomatoes, olives, chicken and French Bread Pizza bread cubes in a large salad bowl.
- Whisk together the juice from 1/2 lemon, red wine vinegar, olive oil, sugar, oregano and salt.
- Pour the dressing over the salad and toss well to combine.
- Serve immediately.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Kroger. The opinions and text are all mine.