Pistachio Parfaits are an effortless dessert that are festive enough for St. Patrick’s Day.
I’m a sucker for pudding. I always have been. I’m especially a sucker for pistachio pudding. I’ve always loved the stuff since I was a kid. I know it can be a polarizing flavor. I really made these for me. I love the flavor and they are green.
Do you celebrate St. Patrick’s Day? I always have. Even before my last name (thanks to my husband) turned Irish. I’m past the age of thinking green beer or kegs and eggs at an Irish pub are a good idea. So I decided to make a dessert that the whole family could enjoy this year. And if pistachio is not your thing use vanilla pudding. The rainbow on top makes this little dessert festive enough.
- 12 OREO cookies
- 1 3.7 oz instant pistachio pudding
- 1 3/4 cup cold milk
- 1 1/2 cups frozen whipped topping (Cool Whip) divided
- Airhead Extremes optional
- Whisk together the pudding, milk and 1 cup of the frozen whipped topping. Chill in the refrigerator until set up, about 30 minutes.
- Crush the OREO cookies and divide evenly in the bottom of four glass dessert jars (or similar containers).
- Top the crushed cookies with the prepared pudding.
- Top the pudding with the remaining frozen whipped topping.
- Garnish the parfaits with Airhead Extreme candy to look like a rainbow.
- Find the dessert jars I used HERE (aff)