This Vegetarian Chili with lentils could not be easier or tastier. You just dump everything in the Crockpot and walk away.
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 small onion finely chopped
- 1 small sweet potato peeled and chopped
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- 1 15 oz can crushed tomatoes
- 1 15 oz can petite cut diced tomatoes drained
- 1 15 oz can black beans drained
- 1 15 oz can white corn drained
- 3/4 cup red lentils rinsed under cold water and drained
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 2 tsp Garam Masala
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 tbsp chili garlic sauce I used Huy Fong brand
- 1 tsp salt
Dump everything into a 6 or 8 quart slow cooker. Stir well to combine.
Cook on LOW heat for 6 to 8 hours.
Serve over rice with a variety of toppings.