These S’Mores bars were the result of a last-minute Google search for “easy Super Bowl dessert recipes”. One of my best results from a Google search ever because they seemed to be a hit at the Super Bowl party we were invited to. The original recipe was for a standard S’more with Hershey’s chocolate. I personally like my S’mores with Reese’s cups, and as luck would have it when I was shopping for the ingredients, I discovered that Reese’s now makes their signature candy in a bar form… sectioned off like a chocolate bar, but with that yummy Reese’s peanut butter in the middle. I found them at my local Kroger in the regular candy section.
I also like my sweet desserts to have a salty side, so I added a little more salt to my recipe. These bars are really great because not only is the taste amazing, but they really are so simple and quick to throw together… about 15 minutes to assemble and 25 minutes to bake.
- 18 graham crackers (2 sleeves)
- 3/4 c. butter, softened
- 2/3 c. sugar
- 1 t. salt
- 1 egg
- 1 t. vanilla
- 1/2 c. flour
- 3 (4.25 oz.) Reese's bars
- 3 1/2 c. mini marshmallows
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Finely crush graham crackers in the bowl of a food processor. In a separate bowl with an electric hand mixer, cream together the butter, sugar and salt until light and fluffy (beat on medium for 1-2 minutes). Add egg and vanilla and beat for 1 minute more. Fold in the flour and graham cracker crumbs with a spatula until well-blended. Reserve about 1 cup of the mixture, and press the rest of the crust into the bottom of a well-greased 9x13 glass Pyrex dish.
- Break the Reese's bars into individual rectangles and place evenly over bottom of crust. Spread marshmallows evenly over top of Reese's bars. Crumble the reserved crust mixture on top of marshmallows. Bake on middle rack for 20-25 minutes, or until marshmallows are lightly toasted and puffed.
- Allow to cool completely in pan before slicing into bars to serve.