This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #InsideOutMovieNight #CollectiveBias
These joyful jelly turnovers (to represent JOY from the movie Inside Out) are a snap to have your kids help you prepare! Served with hot head hot chocolate (to represent ANGER), they’ll help you celebrate ALL your emotions as you watch Inside Out, out on DVD and Blu-Ray at Target (November 3rd).
I love a good movie night at home, don’t you? Especially now as the weather is turning colder. I am all about snuggling under our fuzzy blankets in front of a movie our whole family can enjoy. A warm and cozy evening with hot chocolate and jelly turnovers fresh out of the oven… that’s a recipe for JOY right there.
Whether you saw Inside Out in the theaters or not, I’d say it’s a movie worthy of a few viewings. With all the layers and emotions explored there is a lot going on that is both entertaining and helpful. I think it’s such a great springboard for discussing emotions and how to handle them with your kids. Our kids really liked the movie when we went to see it in the theaters and we’re looking forward to watching it again.
Target was a one-stop shop for both a copy of Inside Out on Blu-Ray (only Target includes 20 minutes of exclusive bonus content and deleted scenes) plus all the ingredients necessary for my puff pastry turnovers filled with Market Pantry cream cheese and strawberry spread and Archer Farms hot chocolate. These turnovers bake up looking looking all puffed up and joyful especially after being slathered in a pink glaze.
And to really get the point across of highlighting some of Inside Out’s main characters with food, I created a couple of simple printables to go alongside the turnovers and hot chocolate.
And even beyond an Inside Out viewing party, these strawberry cream cheese turnovers would make a stunning but simple breakfast for all kinds of emotion-filled occasions… birthdays, Valentine’s Day or Mother’s Day. Tell me, would your family enjoy an Inside Out movie night like this?
- 1 pkg. frozen puff pastry (2 sheets), thawed
- 1 pkg. (8 oz.) Market Pantry cream cheese, softened
- 1 c. Market Pantry strawberry spread
- 2 T. butter, softened
- 1/2 c. Market Pantry powdered sugar
- 2 T. milk
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- With a hand or stand mixer beat together 2 tablespoons of the cream cheese, 2 tablespoons of the strawberry spread and the butter until smooth. Add the powdered sugar and milk and beat on high for 1 minute.
- Roll each sheet of puff pastry into about a 15x15-inch square. Using a pizza cutter or sharp knife, cut each sheet into 9 squares (about 3x3-inch). Place a small dollop of cream cheese and a squeeze of strawberry spread into the center of each piece of puff pastry.
- Fold each piece diagonally in half and pinch the edges to seal with the tines of a fork. Place the turnovers in a single layer (9 each) on sheet pans lined with parchment paper or silicone baking mats.
- Bake the turnovers for 15 minutes. Allow to cool for about 5 minutes and spread the prepared glaze on top of them.
- Serve the turnovers with hot chocolate.