Mother’s Day is less than a week away. What are you giving the moms in your life? These were my little gift to myself today. It’s a Cooking Light muffin recipe flavored with dark chocolate chips and espresso. How could they not be good?
My husband asked me what I wanted for Mother’s Day and I still haven’t come up with my wish list yet, so I thought I’d share a few links I’ve found with cute gift ideas that might help all of you with your Mother’s Day gifting… 1. From Nellie Bellie, a DIY Herb Garden in a Box. Use your own creativity to decorate, but her’s is super cute!
2.From Tidy Mom, a DIY Lime & Mint soak with free printable labels. We have a ton of mint in our yard and I personally wouldn’t mind smelling like a Mojito…
3. From That’s What She Said, a DIY heart-shaped thumb-print necklace… you could also hot-glue the heart onto the handle of a vintage serving spoon, just a thought.
4. From Count Our Blessings, a simple packaging idea to fill a bag with your mom’s favorite things.
5. From Seven Thirty Three, a free printable Mother’s Day Room Service Menu. Simply fill in the lines with breakfast/brunch items that are doable for you and let mom pick what she wants! I’ve linked you to her updated printable for this year’s date.
6. From Saveur magazine, a recipe for Strawberry and Goat Cheese Poptarts. What I think would be a delicious and fun menu option for the kids to help with.
If nothing else, a heart-felt and hand-written note, along with her favorite flowers (gerbera daisies) are always appreciated!
- 2/3 c. whole milk
- 5 T. unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 3 T. instant espresso
- 1 1/2 t. vanilla
- 1 egg
- 2 c. all-purpose flour
- 2/3 c. sugar
- 2 t. baking powder
- 1/2 t. salt
- 3/4 c. Ghirardelli bittersweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In one bowl, whisk together the milk, butter, espresso, vanilla and egg.
- In another bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and chocolate chips.
- Pour wet ingredients into bowl with dry ingredients and gently mix until batter is just combined.
- Evenly fill 12 muffin cups with batter and bake 16-18 minutes, or until tops of muffins are just set. Do not over bake.