This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #BringYourBestBowl #Kroger #CollectiveBias
This cheddar oatmeal with maple roasted apples and bacon is a revelation in flavor. Extra sharp cheddar cheese melted into Quaker® Old-Fashioned Oats provides a perfectly savory and hearty bowl of oatmeal. Combined with the maple sweetness of the roasted, fresh apples and crunchy bits of bacon it’s a sweet ‘n salty flavor lovers dream. This is truly my best bowl of oatmeal.
I’d heard of savory oatmeal. To be honest it sounded a bit odd but my foodie curiosity got the best of me. And now I’m not sure I’d go back to an all-sweet bowl of oats. These Quaker® Oats cooked and combined with Kroger extra sharp cheddar cheese are amazing! Trust me. Just by themselves they are a whole new flavor sensation that you really have to try.
I’m hoping that by sharing my creative bowl it will inspire you to get creative with Quaker® too. They sure are offering a BIG incentive to do so! Right now you can enter Quaker’s National Bring Your Best Bowl Contest by clicking HERE. The prize is $250,000! And the top recipe entries will be created and sold in stores for a limited time in the Fall 2016. You have until March 12th to get your creative juices flowing and ENTER your best bowl of oatmeal. Good luck and let me know what you come up with!
My Kroger is less than a mile from my front door. Needless to say I am there a lot! And they provided everything I needed to create my best bowl of Quaker® oatmeal. Fresh apples, maple syrup, extra sharp cheddar cheese, a little butter and bacon.
So what do you think? Are you curious enough to try MY best bowl? What will you create with Quaker® Oatmeal for YOUR best bowl?
- 1 apple, peeled, cored and sliced thick
- 1/4 c. Aunt Jemima maple syrup
- 1 T. butter
- 1 c. (4 oz.) extra sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 slices bacon, cooked crisp and crumbled
- 1 c. Quaker® Old Fashioned Oats
- 1 3/4 c. water
- In a non-stick skillet over medium-high heat, combine the apple slices, maple syrup and butter. Cook until melted and bubbly. Reduce heat and simmer until apples are fork-tender, at least 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- In a pot, bring the water to a boil. Add the Quaker® Oats and cook over medium heat until water is absorbed and oatmeal is tender, 5 - 7 minutes.
- Remove the Quaker® Oats from the heat and stir in the shredded cheddar cheese until melted.
- Divide Quaker® Oats evenly into two bowls.
- Top each bowl with an equal amount of the maple roasted apples and crumbled bacon. Serve immediately.