This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #KashiPlantPower #GOTOGETHER #CollectiveBias
I used to think of athletes when I’d hear reference to an active lifestyle. But I’m convinced that a working mom with several school-age kids to care for totally qualifies and needs to fuel herself accordingly. Would you agree? I’m on the go constantly and need sustained energy. And that’s where these Banana Cocoa Nice Cream Breakfast Bowls can help.
If you haven’t heard of nice cream it’s simply frozen bananas pureed to a soft serve ice cream consistency in a high powered blender. I don’t know what sort of sorcery happens in the blender but add a little flavoring and it really does taste like ice cream and not at all like blended banana.
What I used today in my beautiful bowl of nice cream was a brand new product: Kashi® Organic Breakfast Superblends in Cocoa Awakening flavor. It’s really hard to go wrong with a convenient powder filled with so many nourishing things that also flavors a bowl of bananas to taste like soft serve chocolate ice cream. Top that bowl with fresh sliced strawberries and some whipped coconut topping and you’ll be happily buzzing about all morning long. Eating breakfasts like this and being mindful of what I’m eating the rest of the day has helped me lose 25 pounds this summer. So maybe at the moment I am feeling a little more like an athlete than I used to!
Kashi Organic is USDA Organic and:
– Non-GMO Project Verified
– Gluten Free
– Fair Trade cocoa powder
– 16g plant protein from peas, flax, garbanzo beans and more
– 1500mg ALA-omega 3
– 9g fiber per serving*
It’s also available online at Target.com and I have a super-duper $10 off coupon code for one Kashi® Organic or Kashi® GOLEAN™ Protein Powder. Just type in TGTKASHI at check out to receive the $10 savings.
- 3 bananas, sliced and frozen
- 2 scoops Kashi® Organic Breakfast Superblends in Cocoa Awakening
- 1/4 - 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut milk
- 2 strawberries, sliced
- one dollop of coconut whipped topping (dairy free)
- sprinkles (optional but recommended)
- In a high-powered blender, add the bananas, scoops of Kashi® Organic Breakfast Superblends in Cocoa Awakening and 1/4 cup of coconut milk. Begin blending on low and stream a little more coconut milk in as needed to get the bananas to blend together with the Kashi powder until very smooth and thick.
- Place the nice cream in a bowl and top with the sliced strawberries, coconut whipped topping and sprinkles. Serve immediately.