I decided to stay off social media yesterday. That was my way to remember the anniversary of September 11th. I was teaching that day back in 2001 and spent the day watching the news with my students. When I got home and was still watching the news that night I saw an interview with a young girl about the age of my students (middle school) crying so hard because her dad worked in one of the towers and she was pleading for people to find her dad. I wasn’t even a parent yet and that was what really hit me. Such an emotional day. And now that my own kids are learning about it in school as “history” the day seems surreal to me. I was looking back at some of the news reports yesterday and THIS article stuck out to me. A story of Nino’s restaurant in downtown NYC that was serving free meals to rescue workers at the height of the effort. Up to 7,000 free meals per day, scrambling 20,000 eggs, cooking 300 pounds each of bacon and sausage and 40,000 pounds of chicken cutlets. That is one of the many stories worth remembering. Enjoy your week!
- Cheeseburger Sliders – The Cooking Actress
- Easy Chilaquiles – Pies and Plots
- Chicken Parmesan Salad – The Spiffy Cookie
- Pork Apple Meatballs with Hard Cider Gravy – Foodtastic Mom
- DAY OFF – Go out to eat or order in!
- Amish Cheeseburger Soup – The Pajama Chef
- Spaghetti Carbonara – Big Bear’s Wife
- White Cheddar Macaroni and Cheese with Truffle Sea Salt – The Cooking Actress
- Caramel Apple Bundt Cake – Pies and Plots
This week’s meal plan was brought to you by:
Pin this to your meal planning board for easy access all week long!