This post has been sponsored by Mirum. All opinions are mine alone. #MarieFreshTake #MarieFreshTakeSweeps
You might wonder how a surf and turf alfredo pasta dinner qualifies as weeknight family dinner fare. Well in our house we have a little girl who has sophisticated tastes. Her favorite food is steak and she really loves shrimp and crab too. She might take after her mom (that would be me).
So given the opportunity to try the new Marie Callender’s dry dinner mixes and put my own fresh take on one I knew right away that I’d choose to add fresh asparagus, filet mignon and shrimp. It’s a fancier meal that still stays within our budget and makes my daughter squeal with excitement. Seriously she came home from her swim meet tonight and let out a high-pitched squeal of happiness when she saw the dinner. She is nine going on nineteen some days. Our life is dramatic.
Anyway this dinner is so quick to get on the table. And just one steak plus a dozen shrimp are all that are needed for a family of four. Pasta is a tasty and convenient way to stretch pricey protein choices a little further. So you are splurging without breaking the bank.
And speaking of saving money all the varieties of Marie Callender’s new dry dinner mixes are available in the pasta/boxed dinner aisle at your local Walmart. There are five flavor varieties in all which will provide plenty of opportunities for you to get creative in your own kitchen.
And not only do you have this tasty new recipe to try but also an exciting sweepstakes to enter…
- 1 T. butter
- 1 T. olive oil
- 1 (10 oz.) filet mignon
- 12 jumbo frozen shrimp (peeled and deveined)
- 1 bunch of fresh asparagus, top halves only
- 1 pkg. Marie Callender's Creamy Alfredo Dry Dinner Mix
- 1 1/2 c. milk
- 1 c. water
- 2 T. butter
- balsamic vinegar glaze (found in the salad dressing aisle)
- fresh parsley and Parmesan
- Rinse the shrimp under cold water to thaw.
- In a large, non-stick saucepan heat the tablespoon of butter and olive oil until hot (medium-high heat). Add the steak and shrimp, sprinkle with about 1/2 teaspoon of salt and saute (stirring frequently) until just cooked through, about 5 minutes. Remove the steak and shrimp from the pan to a clean bowl. Add the asparagus to the pan, sprinkle with a little more salt and saute for a couple of minutes. Remove from pan and add to the same bowl with the cooked steak and shrimp.
- To the same pan, add the milk, water, butter and seasoning packet (from the dry dinner mix). Stir together and bring to a boil. Add the pasta. Stir. Reduce heat to simmer and cover the pan. Allow the pasta to cook for about 12 minutes.
- Remove the lid and add the cooked steak, shrimp and asparagus to the pasta. Stir well and allow to cook for one minute more.
- Drizzle the surf and turf pasta with balsamic vinegar glaze and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and fresh chopped parsley. Serve.