Though only made with three simple sandwich fillings this Grilled Ham and Goat Cheese Sandwich with Strawberry Jam is not a combination I would have created on my own. My inspiration came from our recent Florida family vacation so it’s like I brought a little piece of the beach home with me.
I work at home so I can have some flexibility with what types of food I can fix. I can make myself a hot lunch. But does that mean I take the time to make myself something elaborate? Nope. I never actually write food down on my grocery list for myself for lunch. So when I feel like I’m starving in the afternoons I’m usually left scrounging.
After having this grilled cheese at a lunch stop in Baytowne Wharf (The Baytowne Melt), I knew I’d have to recreate it at home for myself. It was so simple and yet so different and absolutely delicious. And it is ready in the five minutes that I usually allow for fixing myself lunch. Yay!
- 2 slices good sandwich bread
- 2 - 3 slices deli ham
- 2 - 3 oz. goat cheese, softened
- strawberry jam
- Spread both slices of bread with a thin layer of the softened goat cheese. Spread one slice with a thin layer of strawberry jam. Layer on the ham slices and make a sandwich.
- Melt some butter in a non-stick skillet over medium high heat.
- Grill the sandwich on both sides until nicely toasted. Serve immediately.