Welcome to my very first Freezer Fridays Link Up! I hope you’ll find some great freezer meal recipes to Pin… the idea being to keep your Mondays (or any weekday) from feeling “manic”. I’m a child of the 80’s so I couldn’t resist the “Manic Monday” Bangles reference! Each Friday, I’ll be sharing my own freezer recipe to get the party started and then each week after, I’ll feature last week’s favorite recipes, based on how many visits each recipe has received. And throughout the week, I’ll be sure to Pin and Tweet any recipes that have been shared here! If you are visiting and wanting to share a freezer recipe from your own blog, you are likely familiar with how a link party works and that there are a few rules for participation. So let’s get those out of the way…
>RULES FOR FREEZER FRIDAYS<
>Copy and paste the Freezer Fridays Badge and link back somewhere on your blog (must link back to be featured)
>Visit some other links and comment, letting them know you stopped by
- 1 1/2 lbs. boneless skinless chicken breasts (4 breasts)
- 1 large red pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 large sweet onion, thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 T. Chipotle Tabasco sauce
- 3 T. honey
- 1 T. Worcestershire sauce
- 1 t. smoked paprika
- 1 1/2 t. salt
- 1/2 t. black pepper
- 6 oz. beer (pilsner, lager, or wheat) OR 6 oz. chicken broth
- 2 c. Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
- Buns or sliced baguette to serve
- Place the chicken, sliced peppers and onions, Chipotle Tabasco, honey, Worcestershire, paprika, salt and pepper in a gallon-sized, freezer-safe bag. Seal, flatten and freeze.
- When ready to serve, thaw the chicken bag in the refrigerator the night before. Place the thawed ingredients in the slow cooker with the beer (or chicken broth).
- Cook on low for 8 hours. Shred the chicken, add about 1 cup of the shredded cheese and stir - heating until melted.
- Serve the chicken on buns or sliced baguette topped with more shredded cheese.