This Fancy Fruity Dessert Cheese Ball will make you the sparkly star of your next party. Sweet and slightly tangy like a cheese cake and all dressed up for the most special occasion.
Alright so I found inspiration for this sparkly dessert confection at Delish. They shared a video for a Confetti Cookie Dough Ball right before New Year’s Eve. That got my wheels turning. I loved the sparkly sprinkles coating the outside but wasn’t sure about the chocolate chip middle or limiting such a fun dessert to just a New Year’s party.
So this is what I came up with and boy was it a hit (as it happens at the New Year’s Eve party my family attended at a friend’s house). The cheese ball is made of cream cheese, powdered sugar, a little coconut extract, crushed pineapple and chopped maraschino cherries. It’s so fresh and tasty! Then the outside is coated with fun and sparkly sprinkles (found at my local Michael’s store) and served with Pepperidge Farm Butter Rum Cookies. Fancy pizzelle cookies, shortbread or even fresh apple slices would be other good choices to serve with this fancy and fruity cheese ball.
Be sure and Pin this recipe for all your party needs. I think this dessert cheese ball deserves a place at your next birthday, shower (baby or wedding) or even a girls’ night in. Your guests won’t be able to stay away!
- 2 (8 oz.) packages cream cheese
- 1 1/4 c. powdered sugar
- 1 t. coconut extract (can substitute vanilla extract)
- 1 (8 oz.) can crushed pineapple, drained
- 1/2 c. maraschino cherries, chopped and drained
- 1 c. assorted sparkly sprinkles
- Cookies and/or apple slices to serve
- With a hand or stand mixer, beat the cream cheese, powdered sugar and coconut extract until well blended. Start on low speed and increase speed to medium-high.
- Turn off the mixer. Add the crushed pineapple and cherries and stir the fruit into the cream cheese mixture by hand until well combined.
- Place the cheese ball mixture in the center of some plastic wrap. Gather the wrap around the cream cheese and fruit mixture and twist to seal, making a ball shape. Refrigerate overnight.
- When ready to serve, coat the outside of the cheese ball with the sparkly sprinkles.
- Serve the cheese ball with cookies and/or apple slices. I used Pepperidge Farm brand Butter Rum Cookies.