This slow cooker brown sugar balsamic glazed pork is served with a simple mix of roasted potatoes, apples and sweet potatoes. It’s one the most visited recipes on my blog!
I really know it’s fall once I’ve pulled out the slow cooker and made a roast. I have a feeling my slow cooker and I are going to be best friends now that my son has started swim team. He has practice every Monday, Wednesday and Friday from 4:30 – 5:45, which is great because it also forces me to the Y for a workout of my own. But also we’ve been arriving back home after 6:00 and starving, meaning a dinner hot out of the slow will be a warm welcome home.
This luscious pile of pork with roasted potatoes and apples is what we had Wednesday night for dinner, along with some Pumpkin Pie Bars I made earlier in the day. The pork was so full of flavor and simple to assemble. Fix it and forget it, that’s what I love about the slow cooker!
This potato mix with apples was inspired by a cooking demonstration I attended recently thanks to The Kitchen’s Bounty at Jungle Jim’s. I hadn’t ever thought to combine both russet and sweet potatoes AND add apples but they work so well together. Combined with the tender, sweet and slightly tangy pork – this is fall cooking at its best!
- 2 lbs. pork tenderloin
- 1 t. ground sage
- 1/2 t. salt
- 1/2 t. garlic powder
- 1/4 t. pepper
- 1/2 c. water
- 1/2 c. light brown sugar
- 1 T. cornstarch
- 1/4 c. balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 c. water
- 2 T. soy sauce
- Mix together the sage, garlic powder, salt and pepper and rub it over the pork tenderloin.
- Place 1/2 cup of water in your Crock Pot.
- Place the rubbed pork in the Crock Pot and cook on low for 6-8 hours.
- 1 hour before roast is finished, mix together the glaze ingredients in a small saucepan: brown sugar, corn starch, balsamic vinegar, water and soy sauce. Heat the glaze over medium, stirring until mixture thickens, about 4 minutes.
- Brush your roast 2-3 times with the glaze during the final hour of cooking. Serve sliced pork with remaining glaze on the side.
- 2 smallish sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into bite-sized pieces
- 8-10 small Red or Yukon Gold Potatoes, peeled and cut into bite-sized pieces
- 2 apples, peeled and sliced (I used Gala)
- 3 T. olive oil
- 1 t. salt
- 1 t. chili powder
- 1 t. smoked paprika
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Toss both types of potatoes with the oil, salt and seasonings. Spread evenly onto a sheet pan.
- Roast potatoes until starting to get tender, about 20 minutes, stirring once halfway through cooking time.
- After 20 minutes, add apple slices, stirring well to incorporated into the potato mixture.
- Roast for at least another 20 minutes, until potatoes are completely fork tender.
- Serve alongside the roasted pork and extra brown sugar and balsamic glaze.
Love pork? Don’t miss my Apple Butter Glazed Pork Tenderloin served with the best cheesy grits and a side of bacon! Click on the picture to be taken to the recipe…