This Teacher Gift is sure to put a smile on the face of all the hard-working teachers in your children’s lives and it’s a cinch to assemble. It’s ice-cream themed too. Even teachers scream for ice cream in the summer, right? My husband is a teacher and he likes ice cream… any time of year!
Between my kids we have four teachers to thank this year (two in third grade and two in fifth grade). So for four of these end of the year teacher gifts, you’ll need a couple of bags of microwave popcorn, white chocolate chips, sprinkles, red gum balls, paper treat cups, string, cellophane or plastic wrap, scissors, a hole punch and gift cards to your favorite local ice cream shop. Here in Cincinnati, Ohio that happens to be Graeter’s.
And you’ll also need to print out my little cards that say, “It’s been a real TREAT having your for my Teacher”. Just “Save As” to your computer and print on 8×11 card stock. I was so happy with how these turned out! I used PicMonkey to create this, in case you were wondering.
I just love how cute the white chocolate coated popcorn and red gum ball “cherry” look in the paper snack cups. Almost like an ice cream sundae. Be sure and Pin this gift idea so you’re not scrambling at the end of the school year. I’m sure I’ll be recycling this idea for a few years!
I taped the gift card to the back of the printed cards!
- 2 bags microwave popcorn
- 1 c. white chocolate chips
- 2 T. sprinkles
- Pop the popcorn according to package directions. Remove any unpopped kernels.
- Spread the popped popcorn in an even layer on a large rimmed baking sheet lined with parchment paper or a silicone liner.
- Melt the white chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl. Should only take about 1 minute 30 seconds. Microwave for one minute, stir, and then microwave in 30 second increments until just melted so the white chocolate doesn't burn.
- Drizzle the melted white chocolate evenly over the top of the popcorn and sprinkle evenly with the sprinkles. Allow to cool.
- Mound the popcorn in the snack cups and assemble as pictured.